Do I Need a Lawyer After a Construction Accident?
Legal representation can help you maximize your benefits
If you were injured in a construction accident, you have the right to file a claim for workers' compensation benefits. These benefits include coverage of medical treatment for your injury, as well as wage benefits while you are unable to work. After a work injury, you are likely to have a lot of questions. And one of them is probably this: do you need a lawyer?
Kotlar, Hernandez & Cohen, LLC knows that you may hear that it's not necessary to have legal representation when filing a workers' compensation claim. And technically, that's true. You could notify your employer that you've been hurt to get the claim started. If there's a dispute, you could fill out the paperwork to appeal the decision and represent yourself at all hearings.
But employers and insurance companies have an advantage. Employers get to choose the doctor who will treat you. Insurance companies know how to cut costs. They have lawyers helping them find ways to keep the benefits you get to a minimum.
Why you should choose our law firm
An experienced workers' compensation lawyer knows how to fight back and get you the benefits you deserve. There is a lot to consider when choosing a workers' compensation lawyer to represent you. Our firm offers:
- Experience - We have been fighting for injured workers since 1995. Through countless negotiations, appeals and trials, we have helped them get the benefits they need.
- Knowledge - Our attorneys have a thorough understanding of the state workers' compensation system. Some are board-certified by the state Supreme Court in the area of workers' compensation law.
- Negotiating skills - Our legal team builds strong cases that insurance companies have to take seriously. They will often agree to increase your benefits to avoid going to court.
- Resources - We have established relationships with expert witnesses and medical professionals who can help us prove your need for testing or treatment that insurance companies won't approve.
- Determination - When we take on a workers' compensation case, we start with the end in mind. That means we are entirely focused on getting the best possible resolution and are prepared to fight for you all the way to court, if that's what it takes.
A construction accident can leave you with serious injuries that have a significant impact on you and your family. The effects of serious injury can be physical and emotional, but also financial. Because you can't work, there is less income coming in, just as your medical expenses are adding up. Many families find it hard to get by during this difficult time.
That's why it's so important to have an experienced workers' compensation attorney fighting for you. Learn more about how we can help. Call us at 856-751-7676 for a free consultation.