Justin M. Cohen, Partner
Justin focuses his practice on the litigation of workers' compensation and personal injury cases in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. His aggressive style and diligent efforts have helped him to recover significant benefits for his clients. Prior to joining the Kotlar, Hernandez & Cohen, LLC , Justin worked in Philadelphia on substantial personal injury and medical malpractice cases. Justin's exposure to complex civil litigation matters from an early point in his career helped to cultivate and enhance his skills as a trial attorney.
Justin graduated from Rutgers University in 2011 with a dual JD/MBA degree. Justin received his bachelor's degree in American history from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Justin is rated 10 (highest available) on AVVO, has received numerous 5-star reviews from his clients, and is a Board Certified Workers’ Compensation Attorney. He is believed to be the youngest attorney in New Jersey to receive his Workers’ Compensation Board Certification.
- Workers' Compensation
- Personal Injury
Notable case result
In 2016, Justin began a trial on both compensability and medical causation on behalf of a client who was denied workers' compensation benefits for eight months. After four days of testimony, Justin received a favorable decision from the workers' compensation trial judge and secured both medical and indemnity benefits for his client. The matter was brought to the appellate court in Trenton, NJ by the insurance carrier. After an exchange of briefs and oral argument in front of the panel of judges, the appellate court affirmed the trial judge's decision in a May 2, 2016 written opinion.
- Certified by the Supreme Court of NJ as a Workers' Compensation Law Attorney
- 2018 – Justin was awarded the South Jersey Magazine Top Attorneys Award – Litigation.
- 2017 - Justin was selected for the New Jersey Super Lawyers-Rising Stars List.
- 2016 - Justin was voted a Top 10 under 40 Attorney for the State of New Jersey by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys.
- 2015 - Justin was selected by the well-recognized Super Lawyers Committee as a Rising Star for the State of New Jersey. This honor is awarded after a significant vetting process and is a testament to Justin's service of his clients early on in his legal career.