Helping the injured in Southern and Central New Jersey
Your life can change suddenly after a workplace or personal injury accident. You can be left with rising medical bills and can't work. That's when you need an attorney ready to fight for the best possible outcome in your case. Since 1995, the Kotlar, Hernandez & Cohen, LLC have been helping clients get the compensation they need and deserve throughout New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania.
Most attorneys who handle workers' compensation and personal injury cases never go to court. They process cases, move them through the system and settle. We are trial attorneys who start your case with the end in mind. Our attorneys prepare your case for a courtroom fight. We try cases and have won significant awards for clients. Because of our track record, insurance companies are more willing to negotiate favorable settlements.
Our firm has board-certified attorneys on staff, something few firms can say. In fact, less than 3% of attorneys are certified by New Jersey's Supreme Court in any area of specialty. We also have former defense attorneys who provide unique insights into the tactics insurance companies use to delay or deny claims.
Learn more about how we can help you with your case. Contact us today. Call 856-751-7676 for a free consultation. If you can't come to any one of our four offices, we can come to you.
- Appellate Division victories affirming trial decisions for medical and temporary wage benefits and reimbursement of expert witness fees by employer's insurance company.
- Workers' compensation order for 100% lifetime permanent total disability benefits and ongoing medical care after trial in Burlington County.
- Workers' compensation order on motion for medical and temporary benefits compelling respondent to provide cervical fusion surgery and pay temporary total wage benefits for worker injured during physical therapy.
- Workers' compensation order for knee replacement, back surgery, temporary total disability benefits and ongoing medical care after litigated motion in Camden County.
- Workers' compensation order for 100% lifetime permanent total disability benefits with Second Injury Fund Participation and ongoing medical treatment in Camden County.
- Workers' compensation order for payment of temporary total wage benefits to an injured worker terminated by her employer after her injury.
- $1,492,000 for back injuries from tractor trailer crash in Mercer County.
- $900,000 for back injuries from slip and fall on ice in Cumberland County.
- $770,000 for back injuries from slip and fall on ice in Burlington County.
- $670,000 for nursing home and hospital fall with Stage IV pressure ulcer case in Mercer County.
- $525,000 for wrongful death claim from motor vehicle crash.
- $505,000 for fractured ankle case from slip and fall on ice.
- $274,000 for workers' comp case lump sum settlement of a dual Virginia/NJ jurisdiction case
- $915,000 settlement on premises liability case
- $670,000 settlement on nursing home and hospital fall with Stage IV pressure ulcer case, 2016
- $250,000 settlement on premises liability case
- $220,000 settlement verbal threshold motor vehicle accident
- $189,000 settlement on premises liability case